Age Concern Sandwich are proud delivery partners of the Dementia & Me co-ordinators in the Deal and Sandwich Primary Care Network areas. If you are registered at Balmoral Surgery, Manor Road Surgery, St Richard’s Road Surgery, The Cedars Surgery or Sandwich Medical Practice you are eligible for support from our Dementia & Me Co-Ordinators, with or without a diagnosis of dementia.
The Dementia & Me Co-ordinators are a single point of access for help and support for all things dementia across the area. Our Dementia & Me Co-Ordinators can visit you in your own home, create a support plan, and offer a wide range of support and advice.
Our Dementia & Me Co-Ordinators can help you:
- Develop an adaptive support plan to help you manage changing needs throughout the dementia journey
- Highlight the importance of a diagnosis and attend Memory Assessment appointments with you and your carer
- Identify and arrange access to appropriate support groups for your diagnosis, offering support to take the first steps in these settings
- By offering emotional support and advice around diagnosis and difficulties arising from dementia symptoms
- Understand the services available locally and refer to and signpost to a wide variety of organisations with specialist expertise in dementia support or for other support needs
Though your co-ordinator may help you find more specialist advice in some instances, your assigned co-ordinator will remain with you throughout the process and act as a single point of contact, so that you don’t have see a different person for every problem you may encounter.
If you are registered with Balmoral Surgery, Manor Road Surgery, St Richard’s Road Surgery, The Cedars Surgery, your Dementia & Me Co-Ordinator is:
Sarah Jones - Sarah.firstname.lastname@example.org T: 07555178545
If you are registered with Sandwich Medical Practice, your Dementia & Me Co-Ordinator is:
Claire Collighan- Claire.Collighan@nhs.net T: 07555178766